Friday May 21, 2010 Club Awesome-gratitude highlights of the week
1. Conversations with my daughter on her bike while I run. Amazing stories and philosophies go through that little mind: “Mom, if we run out of cat food, we could just feed her Cheese Nips, you know. She won’t eat the crackers, but she will lick the chesse off!”
2. Eating Qdoba with my son alone after his final track meet and talking about school, friends, girls, and summer plans he has for keeping in touch with them-“just chill together a lot”…?
3. New running shorts and shoes for me! Yippee! Unfortunately, my legs still get tired though.
4. Feeling neutral about my birthday… mostly sorta
5. I found this in Wayne Dyer Power of Intention: “Good Morning, this is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. I will not need your help, so have a miraculous day.” I started reading it most mornings and it helps me get off the worry wagon.
6. Corn on the cob is actually pretty good these days from the grocery store. Having grown up in central Illinois, I am a corn snob. I usually pass on it until July, but we ate it 3 nights in a row last week, and it was surprisingly tasty!